High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate) | 30 TabletsLife Extension
Price reflects VAT @ 20%. Local rate VAT will be applied at checkout.
High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate):
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Supports nervous system function
- Maintains healthy homocysteine levels
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), which is the active form of folate, helps to maintain healthy homocysteine levels, which in turn can lead to better cardiovascular and nervous system function.
Share this Product
Health Benefits at a Glance:
The active form of folate, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate(5-MTHF) found in High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate) can help maintain healthy homocysteine levels. Normal homocysteine levels promote normal cardiovascular- and nervous system function.
Why it Works:
Folate is involved in neurotransmitter synthesis and critical enzymatic reactions throughout the entire human body. However, certain people taking folate supplements, may not be enjoying all the health benefits associated with folate. This is because not all people can convert folate to its biologically active form called 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). In turn, this leaves these people vulnerable to low blood folate levels and higher-than-desired homocysteine. People with higher-than-normal homocysteine levels have a greater risk of experiencing cognitive decline.
5-MTHF is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, which is highly important for people who suffer from cognitive difficulties. This is because 5-MTHF actively enhances the synthesis of a neurotransmitter (acetylcholine) associated with memory. That is the reason why a vegetarian tablet of High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate) provides 5,000 mcg of the bioactive 5-MTHF form of folate which is up to 7 times more bioavailable than ordinary folic acid and can help bring homocysteine levels back to normal levels, promoting cognitive, nervous and cardiovascular health.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Folate [as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate, calcium salt]||8500 mcg|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silica, vegetable stearate.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your medical practitioner first.
- A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Do not use this product if treated with methotrexate, fluorouracil, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or levodopa prior to consultation with your personal physician.
Take one (1) tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.