Lugol's Iodine Plus | 90 CapsulesMother Earth Labs Inc
Incorporates the power of Fulvic to deliver iodine to cells in a more “cell-ready” form.
Our Lugol’s PLUS Capsules contain important elements such as selenium and zinc are included for optimum iodine metabolism.
Lugol's Iodine PLUS Capsules contain iodine PLUS additional ingredients such as extra selenium and zinc that support Iodine metabolism in the body. Each capsule contains 12.5 mg iodine/iodide per serving.
Take capsule(s) with a full 8oz glass of pure water. A 90-day supply at one capsule per day.
Share this Product
The entire body uses iodine and iodide, not just the thyroid. Various tissues and organs are designed to concentrate on large amounts that are necessary for their normal structure and function. Conversely, low iodine levels are associated with autoimmune thyroid disease, breast cancer, thyroid cancer, goitre, and fibromyalgia, as well as cysts and nodules of the breast, thyroid, and ovaries.
(Both types of iodine are needed in the body - breast and prostate tissue prefer iodine and thyroid tissues prefer iodide - and both types are available with a Lugol's solution. Other types of iodine formulations have not been shown capable of providing this type of tissue-specific support).
And, Lugol's Iodine PLUS Capsules also contain these important additional ingredients:
- Selenium is the primary mineral responsible for T4 to T3 (thyroid hormones) conversion in the liver.
- Selenium and iodine/iodide along with zinc are essential in the conversion of carcinogenic estrogen and progesterone metabolites.
- Supplementation or consumption of high amounts of iodine without selenium can induce AIT (Auto-Immune Thyroiditis) and goitre.
- Selenium and iodine/iodide can reduce goitre and inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Selenium supplementation reduces TgAb that may be elevated by taking iodine.
- TPOAb antibody levels were inversely associated with selenium levels (higher physiological selenium levels are associated with lower antibody levels and vice versa).
- Zinc may be helpful in patients with low T3 and may contribute to the conversion of T4 to T3.
- Zinc may be helpful in normalizing levels of rT3
- Zinc, selenium, and iodine/iodide are essential in the conversion of carcinogenic estrogen and progesterone metabolites.
- Clinical case studies by Drs. Abraham and Brownstein have shown that administration of vitamin C can improve defective cellular transport mechanism for iodine.
- B vitamin is important in iodine metabolism. For example, B2 and B3, as precursors of the co-factors FADH2 and NADH, play a key role in ATP synthesis4 and in the generation of intracellular hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide formation is the rate-limiting step in the oxidation of iodide to iodine by iodoperoxidases, including thyroid peroxidase (TPO). The oxidation of intrathyroidal iodide to iodine by TPO is the first and key step in the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
Fulvic Trace Minerals and Elements
- Fulvic molecules carry up to 60 minerals and elements, help improve absorption and facilitate transport to cells.
- Fulvic molecules are negatively charged and donate electrons for membrane and cellular functions, including mitochondrial energy production.
- Iodine sufficiency and Humic and Fulvic Acids protect glands from radiation poisoning. Radioactive elements have an affinity for Humic and Fulvic acids. They form organo-metal complexes of different adsorptive stability and solubility. Uranium and plutonium are influenced by Humic Substances, as are other polluting metals, each being solubilized and absorbed, thereby annihilating the specific radioactivity.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
|Iodine (as Iodine & Potassium Iodide)||12.5 mg||†|
|Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)||15 mg||†|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||20 mcg|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||200 mg|
|Thiamine (as Thiamine HCl)||10 mg|
|Fulvic Acid (from Micronized Black Fulvic Acid Powder)||70 mg|
|†Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Green Chlorophyl Vegetable Capsules, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
IMPORTANT: Lugol's Iodine PLUS capsules include Lugol's Iodine PLUS other additional ingredients that support iodine metabolism in the body such as Selenium and Zinc.
The Lugol's Iodine Liquid is a Lugol's Iodine solution of iodine and iodide and is generally recommended for those needed less than 12.5 mg/day of iodine and/or who are also taking a Mother Earth Labs supplement that includes iodine support ingredients such as selenium and zinc.
- Check with your healthcare provider to make sure you should take an iodine supplement and that there are no contraindications in your case such as Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- The liquid should be shaken well before each use.
- Best if taken in the morning.
- Capsules should be followed with a full glass of pure water.
- Can be taken at the same time as other products and with food.
1 Capsule per day as advised by your health care practitioner.