Optimal Methylate Chewable | 60 TabletsSeeking Health
Optimal Methylate Chewable by Seeking Health provides a lower dose of methylation support for those who are sensitive to the higher doses found in most methyl support supplements. We’ve included active forms of folate, vitamin B12 and nine other targeted nutrients to help support and optimize healthy methylation processes throughout the body.*
Methylation is an extremely important biochemical reaction that’s happening every second in every cell of the human body. Methylation plays many roles in the body, not limited to gene expression, detoxification, the production creatine and phosphatidylcholine, and maintaining healthy levels of glutathione, histamine, and homocysteine.
Many people struggle with adequate methylation, such as those with the MTHFR genetic polymorphism, particularly the C677T variety. The methylation cycle is also sensitive to oxidative stress and free radicals, especially hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is generated during times of infection, mental stress and detoxification, to name a few.
When people begin supporting their methylation cycles, many discover the dosages available in most methylation support supplements is too strong, leading to symptoms of over-methylation including headaches, irritability, insomnia, runny nose, body pain, and itchy skin. Most methylation supplements contain higher levels of folate and vitamin B12, but these are not the only nutrients needed to support methylation, and too much of them can lend to unfavourable symptoms.
Share this Product
The targeted ingredients found in Optimal Methylate Chewable are designed to provide the following benefits and actions:*
- Riboflavin is the primary vitamin needed to support the MTHFR enzyme. Riboflavin also helps in the recycling of glutathione (the body’s master antioxidant) along with supporting the metabolism of serotonin, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and histamine
- Niacin helps to support histamine metabolism while providing a calming effect
- Vitamin B6 is used in the conversion of harmful homocysteine into beneficial glutathione. Vitamin B6 also supports the production of GABA, a calming neurotransmitter
- Folate is included in two forms: 80% as L-5-MTHF (l-methylfolate) and 20% as folinic acid. L-5-MTHF is the active methylated form of folate needed to produce the body's main methyl donor, SAMe. Folinic acid is involved in the production of energy and BH4 (an important cofactor in the body)
- Vitamin B12 is included in three different forms: methylcobalamin to support methylation, hydroxocobalamin to balance reactive forms of nitric oxide and hydrogen sulfide, and adenosylcobalamin to support mitochondrial health and energy production
- Choline and betaine (TMG) support the recycling of homocysteine back to methionine via the BHMT enzyme. Choline also supports the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine, which uses a large majority of the body’s methylation reactions to produce
- Magnesium is required for the production of the body's main methyl donor, SAMe. Magnesium also supports the COMT enzyme, which can be a common culprit of methylation side effects
- Zinc is an important cofactor for the MTR and BHMT enzymes, which helps them bind to homocysteine. Zinc also supports the reduction of excitatory NMDA activity
- Molybdenum helps support the metabolism of sulfites, which is important if one consumes too much methylation support
- PQQ helps support the reduction of oxidative stress, which when present, can slow the methylation cycle. PQQ is also protective of BH4, which helps support the production of neurotransmitters and the healthy form of nitric oxide
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%|
|Riboflavin (50% as riboflavin and 50% as riboflavin 5'-phosphate sodium)||2.5 mg||192%|
|Vitamin B6 (50% as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate and 50% as pyridoxine HCl)||2.5 mg||147%|
|Folate [80% as Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, glucosamine salt and 20% as calcium folinate]||170 mcg DFE (100 mcg)||43%|
|Vitamin B12 (50% as methylcobalamin, 39% as hydroxocobalamin, and 11% as adenosylcobalamin)||38 mcg||1583%|
|Choline (as choline bitartrate)||25 mg||5%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||25 mg||6%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate§)||1.25 mg||11%|
|Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate§)||12 mcg||27%|
|Betaine Anhydrous (trimethylglycine)||62.5 mg||†|
|Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Disodium Salt||1.5 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Xylitol, natural flavours, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, stevia leaf extract, sea salt, monk fruit extract, citric acid, and malic acid.
- Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare professional prior to use.
- Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
- Potential side effects of Methylate are often alleviated by eating food and/or taking one capsule of Niacin (50 mg).*
- Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach by children.
Chew 1 tablet with or without food. Tablets may be cut into halves or quarters if a lesser dose is desired and taken throughout the day. Do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep. Use as directed by your healthcare professional.