Enhanced Zinc Lozenges | 30 LozengesLife Extension
Price reflects VAT @ 20%. Local rate VAT will be applied at checkout.
- Contains zinc acetate
- Intended for occasional short term use when seasonal changes expose the immune system
- Supports the immune system
- Good flavour
Life Extension is an American company based in Las Vegas, NV that provides high-quality clinically-studied probiotics, supplements and personal products
- High-quality products
- Free of gluten, binders, additives, artificial ingredients or chemicals
- Most products are free of milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, gluten and soy
- Most products free of magnesium stearate
- Most products are non-GMO
- Based on scientific research
This peppermint-flavoured supplement contains zinc acetate that helps enhance your immune system's ability to defend against invaders. This formula is intended for occasional short term use when seasonal changes expose the immune system and support the immune system.
Share this Product
Why it Works:
Most people have probably tried avoiding a cold during the winter season. If such a cold arises, it is always easier to inhibit such an issue when the first signs are showing. However, this is best done with an immune system that functions optimally so it may deal with invaders accordingly. Zinc stimulates around 300 enzymes in the body and simultaneously fortifies the immune system, and zinc acetate lozenges have been shown to support the immune function. Life Extension® Enhanced Zinc Lozenges provide zinc acetate with no other ingredients that could reduce the delivery of immune-supporting, positively charged zinc ions. On top of that, Enhanced Zinc Lozenges taste good because they come in a naturally flavoured peppermint lozenge.
The Science Behind the Product:
Zinc has many positive impacts on human health, ranging from contributing to effective immune defences to promoting optimal growth and development of the human body. Zinc is one of the most common elements in the body and is essential to the functioning of over 300 processes involving enzymes and hormones.
Furthermore, zinc is also an essential component of one of the body's most important natural antioxidants, the enzyme known as copper/zinc superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn SOD). Cu/Zn SOD is a member of a specific family of antioxidant enzymes which inhibits dangerous superoxide radicals, which can damage lipids, proteins, and DNA, Cu/Zn SOD breaks down these radicals and converts them into hydrogen peroxide, which is in turn converted to water and oxygen.
Zinc also plays a crucial role in supporting the immune function Zinc helps maintain a type of white blood cells called T-lymphocytes which job it is to fight infections.
It is estimated that more than 200 distinct viruses target the respiratory tract, which can cause common complaints. Zinc interferes with the viruses' ability to gain a foothold in the respiratory tract, which, according to several clinical trials with hundreds of patients, may, in turn, prevent seasonal problems.
|Serving Size: 1 Lozenge|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Xinc (as Zinc acetate)||18.75 mg|
|** Daily Value not established|
Dextrose, peppermint flavour, stearic acid, vegetable stearate, silica.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your medical practitioner first.
Supplemental zinc can inhibit the absorption and availability of copper. If more than 50 mg of supplemental zinc is taken daily on a chronic basis, 2 mg of supplemental copper should also be taken to prevent copper deficiency. Chronic ingestion of more than 100 mg of zinc daily may be immunosuppressive for some aspects of T-cell and NK cell function.
- Completely dissolve in mouth one (1) lozenge every 2 wakeful hours, not to exceed 8 lozenges per day, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use for more than 3 consecutive days.
- Do not chew or swallow lozenge.
- May cause nausea if taken on empty stomach.