Physician's Elemental Diet Dextrose Free | 36 ServingsIntegrative Therapeutics Inc
Share this Product
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with GI dysfunction.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
- Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease,
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),
- Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate, and medium-chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from yeast, wheat, gluten, dairy products, fructose, sucrose, lactose, disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Formulated with a well-tolerated flavour for improved patient adherence
|Serving Size: 35|
|Servings Per Container: 36|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Protein (Contains 7.5 g free form amino acids per 35 g serving).|
|Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)||250 mcg|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|Vitamin D3||1.67 mg|
|Vitamin E||6.7 mg|
|Vitamin K||10 mcg|
|Riboflavin (Riboflavin-5'-phosphate)||0.56 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5'-phosphate)||667 mcg|
|Folate (as Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt)||33 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||0.5 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.3 mg|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Tapioca maltodextrin, medium-chain triglycerides, l-glutamine, l-proline, natural flavour, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, potassium citrate, l-leucine, l-lysine hydrochloride, disodium phosphate, l-valine, l-glycine, l-isoleucine, l-threonine, tricalcium phosphate, l-tyrosine, dimagnesium malate, dicalcium malate, l-phenylalanine, choline bitartrate, l-methionine, l-histidine, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium malate, magnesium citrate, l-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium ascorbate, d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, iron gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium chloride, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxal-5’-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin-5’-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic® ((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin
- Also contains no dextrose, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol.
- Medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
- Not intended for use in children.
- Physicians’ Elemental Diet™ Dextrose Free is a 100% free form amino acid-based powdered elemental formula intended for distinctive nutritional requirements. Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free requires minimal digestive functionality for assimilation.
- Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free formula provides 150 calories per serving, distributed as approximately 20% protein, 60% carbohydrate and 20% fat.
- Packaged by weight, not volume. Settling of contents may occur.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Thoroughly mix each heaping scoopful (35 g) in 4-8 oz. (118-236 mL) chilled or room temperature water. Additional water may be added to the mixture or consumed separately as desired. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.