Vitamin B3 Niacin | 100 CapsulesLife Extension
Share this Product
Health Benefits at a Glance:
Without a proper transformation of food into energy, cells throughout the body cannot function correctly. Securing normal conversion of carbohydrates, fats, and protein into energy for the cells should be a priority for a healthily functioning body. Sustaining adequate vitamin B3 levels is crucial to the body at a very basic level because vitamin B3 helps convert food into energy.
Why it Works:
If you are lacking in vitamin B you may have trouble transforming the food you eat into energy, which is vital for maintaining normal functions throughout the body. Having adequate levels of B vitamins in your system is essential because lots of B vitamins are used in combination with enzymes to help release energy from carbohydrates, fat, and protein which are in the food you eat. The body functions best when fully supplied with energy why energy produced by your cells is used throughout the body.
Because B vitamins are co-dependent in their metabolic activities, a deficiency of one B vitamin can affect the normal functioning of organ systems throughout the body .
Niacin is the sole B vitamin that can be synthesized in the liver from the amino acid tryptophan [2-4]. In coenzyme forms, niacin is essential to energy transfer reactions, particularly in metabolizing glucose, fat, and alcohol into cellular energy [5-6]. Furthermore, the beneficial effects of niacin on blood lipids are also well-documented [7-19].
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings Per Container: 100|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Niacin (vitamin B3)||500 mcg|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Niacin, capsule shell (gelatine), anti-caking agent (vegetable stearate).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your medical practitioner first
- Temporary flushing, itching, rash or gastric disturbances may occur.
- Liver function testing is recommended when niacin is taken in excess of 500 mg daily.
- Those with gout or liver diseases should avoid taking high doses of niacin.
Take one (1) capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.